Battling with acne can be very frustrating and painful. What’s worse is that after a long tedious process of clearing them up, they leave you with undesirable scars. Having acne scars usually can have an impact on a person’s confidence thus can greatly affect their perception of themselves, at the same time, can affect how others may perceive them.
Acne scars heal over a period of time, but the time frame in which these disappear is not certain. That’s why a lot of men and women opt to seek and go through treatments that will help them get rid of acne scars faster and easier. It’s a good thing that acne scar treatments in Singapore are readily available in many beauty and aesthetic clinics. However, treating acne scars does not necessarily mean you will be acne-free forever. There are still chances that acne breakouts can occur and acne scars will again be left. That’s why, the journey to achieve a smooth and clear face does not end after getting any available acne scar treatment in Singapore. Healing should also come from the inside out.
Whatever we intake in our body would always have an effect on the outside. So it is basic that one of the best way to really make sure that you will be acne-free especially after your acne scar treatment is to watch the food you eat.
This article from 1Aesthetics, a premium boutique medical aesthetic clinic in Singapore, will help you answer two things you might want to know – the available acne scar treatments in Singapore and the food habit you should develop to avoid acne breakouts. This is a precautionary measure so that history will not repeat itself.
Available Acne Scar Treatments
There are two types of acne scar treatment in Singapore that you can choose from – surgical or non-surgical. The best type of treatment to be used for the patient will be dependent on many factors, like but not limited to the following:
- Type of acne scar – there are four (4) types of acne scars: ice pick, boxcar, rolling, and keloid scars. Each type has its own characteristics and have specialized treatments.
- Expected Result – choosing the type of treatment will depend on the result that you expect to get such as the downtime, how long the result will last, how painful it is, and others of similar concern.
Here are some of the most sought after acne scar treatments in Singapore:
- Punch excision – minimally invasive; this type of acne scar treatment is usually done to treat icepick scars. The procedure involves using of a cookie-cutter like tool to cut out the scar and the skin is then glued back together to heal.
- Dermal fillers – this type of acne scar treatment involves injecting fillers into the scar. It will help raise depressed areas of the skin thus making it even to its surrounding skin. It is considered as one of the fastest and easiest acne scar treatment in Singapore. However, result is not permanent as dermal fillers can only last from 18 months to two (2) years.
- Laser resurfacing – in this procedure, laser is used on the skin to produce more collagen and stimulate new tissue growth, thus improving the texture of the skin; this is best for boxcar scars.
- Subcision – a simple surgical procedure where a scalpel is inserted parallel to the skin to cut the fibrous base of the scar as they are the ones responsible in pulling down the skin from below. If cut, the scar will look more even to the surrounding areas. This type of acne treatment is best for rolling scars.
If you are interested in any of the mentioned above, you may call 1Aesthetic Clinic for further information.
Food Habits You Should Develop to Avoid Future Acne Breakouts
Having undergone an acne scar treatment in Singapore, it does not guarantee that breakouts will no longer happen. The food that we eat definitely impacts the way our skin will be. So one of the best ways to control your acne breakouts is to watch your food. Here are some Do’s and Don’t’s habit on food that may help you prevent from getting acne:
Make sure that you incorporate these food choices in your diet:
- Food rich in omega 3- fatty acids – such as salmon, anchovies, sardines, and mackerel as these contain lots of antioxidant properties to help inflammation on the screen
- Sweet potatoes – they are high in retinol or Vitamin A that helps skin regenerate.
- Kale – this is an anti-inflammatory vegetable has high levels of vitamins and minerals that help in reducing hyper-pigmentation on the skin thus helps brighten scars.
- Nuts – These are also rich in omega 3-fatty acids as well as in zinc. It is anti-inflammatory and reduces the levels of bacteria that causes acne
Avoid indulging yourself with these if you want to achieve your goals:
- Milk and other dairy products – studies show that milk and other dairy products increase the chance of having acne because they prompt the production of insulin and growth factors of the body that contribute to the breakouts
- Food enriched with high glycemic (GI) such as refined carbohydrates and sugar – sample of these are potatoes, white bread, and other processed food; an increased level of blood sugar may increase inflammation and causes the skin to produce more oil resulting to clog pores
- Fried food – these food are found to have unhealthy saturated and trans fats; they trigger inflammation in the body.
Remember that taking care of your skin should not only be on the outside, it should most importantly be from the inside. So go call 1Aesthetic Clinic to take that acne scar treatment in Singapore that you need and then eat your way out of future acne breakouts.
1Aesthetics Medical & Surgery
#14-90 The Central,
8 Eu Tong Sen St, Tower 1,
+65 6612 5173