When it comes to contouring women’s bodies, the breasts are usually the body part that gets the most enhancement requests. Getting breast augmentation in Singapore is not exclusive only to women with flat chests. According to Ubiqi, Singapore’s leading medical and aesthetics info-portal, patients who have undergone a mastectomy or those who have survived injuries to the breast or cancer also turn to breast implants to restore their bodies’ form. Whichever one’s reason is, a successful breast augmentation procedure always leads not only to the boosting of a woman’s breast but also her confidence and overall outlook in life.
If you have been pondering on enhancing your breasts, but do not know where or how to start, then this article will serve as your quick and basic guide on knowing things about getting breast implants in Singapore.
1. There are different options when getting breast implants.
Breast implants differ in shape, size, and material. The type of breast implant you choose has an impact on the final appearance of your breasts. Below are the options for breast implants according to:
Basing on material, silicone gel implants are a popular choice because they feel more natural as compared to saline implants. When it comes to shape, the teardrop is commonly used as this follows the natural contour of the breasts. However, if you wish to have fuller breasts with obvious cleavage, you should opt for the round shape. Determining the right cup size for your body will depend on your doctor’s assessment of your body. Ideally, an increase of one to two cups from your current size is recommended for your breast’s more natural appearance.
2. Body fat may also be used to enhance your breasts.
If you are wary of getting ‘alien’ material inside your body, then you can choose to use your own body’s fats to enlarge your breasts. This procedure, called fat transfer, is like hitting two birds with one stone: first, you are able to lessen the fat deposits in one area of your body (usually from your inner thigh or tummy) and second, you get to boost your breasts. Do note that your body should be able to produce enough fats of good quality to be able to qualify for this procedure. An increase of one cup size will need 200cc of fat.
3. There will be pain, but as they say: “no pain, no gain.”
Breast augmentation is considered major surgery. It will involve scalpels, injections, needles, incisions, punctures, and sutures. A patient will be sound asleep and not feel anything during the surgery, thanks to general anaesthesia. Pain and discomfort will start to manifest after the anaesthesia wears off. Because your body will need to adjust to your new breasts, expect to feel tightness around your chest area. You will also feel some discomfort in the area where the incisions were made. Be sure to follow your doctor’s aftercare instructions and take in medications to help ease your discomfort during the recovery period.
4. Food is your frenemy.
Not a lot of articles on breast augmentation tackle food that can either be your friend or enemy when getting a boob job. Your choice of food, especially during your recovery stage, can help your system heal faster. Your body will need extra amounts of protein, so be sure to load up on beans, turkey, and fish. You can also snack on almonds or peanuts. Fruits and vegetables are vital to ward off infections. The more colourful fruits and veggies you eat, the more vitamins your body that would greatly help in its healing.
Be sure to drink as much water as possible and skip caffeine for at least three weeks following your surgery. Dehydration can hinder your body’s fast recovery and caffeine has this effect on the body.
For medications and supplements, do not take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil or Vitamin E for two days after your procedure as these can cause further bleeding. Drink only the medications prescribed by your doctor, especially the ones for pain.
5. Going abroad is no longer your only option as you can undergo a procedure using breast implants in Singapore.
There are a lot of very competent plastic surgeons that can do breast augmentation here in Singapore. Finding one will not be difficult as a quick search on the web will surely present you with several options. Enhancing your breasts with implants in Singapore also brings many advantages:
- You get to cut down on costs by not having to allot money for airline tickets, hotel accommodations, transportation, and food expenses, which an overseas breast augmentation procedure will need.
- You will not have any difficulty in communicating with your doctor about your desired outcomes and questions about the surgery. The language barrier is often a challenge when it comes to having an aesthetic procedure done abroad as not all doctors are fluent in English.
- You can recover right at the comfort of your own home. After being discharged from the hospital, you can rest comfortably in your own bed. Everything you need can be within your reach unlike staying in a hotel where you may only enjoy limited room amenities.
- You can contact your doctor easily. In case of complications, having the doctor who did your breast enhancement within Singapore is definitely an advantage. You do not have to stress about making international calls just to get a hold of and speak with your plastic surgeon.
6. Getting breast implants should not leave you broke.
Of course, being financially prepared is a must before getting your breast implants. As mentioned, having it done in Singapore will be a lot cheaper than going abroad. In general, a breast augmentation procedure in Singapore will range from $8,000 to $15,000. The factors that influence the total cost are:
- Anaesthesia fee
- Breast implants cost
- Reviews following the surgery
- Surgeon’s professional fee
- Surgical facility costs
- Post-surgery garments (breast band)